The scene is Hazlehurst, Mississippi, where the three Magrath sisters have gathered to await news of the family patriarch, their grandfather, who is living out his last hours in the local hospital. Lenny, the oldest sister, is unmarried at thirty and facing diminishing marital prospects; Meg, the middle sister, who quickly outgrew Hazlehurst, is back after a failed singing career on the West Coast; while Babe, the youngest, is out on bail after having shot her husband in the stomach. Their troubles, grave and yet, somehow, hilarious, are highlighted by their priggish cousin, Chick, and by the awkward young lawyer who tries to keep Babe out of jail while helpless not to fall in love with her.
Purchase tickets at 3314 Long Avenue.
- May 11, 2018 - May 19, 2018
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 700 Monroe Street, Huntsville, AL
- Phone: (256) 536-0807
- Time: Fri, Sat 7:30 PM, Sun 2:00 PM
- Price: Admission charged. Tickets sold at 3314 Long Avenue.