This exhibition presents 24 of the 435 prints comprising the best known work of 19th century American naturalist John James Audubon (1785-1851): the folio of engravings entitled The Birds of America. The execution of this series captivated Audubon’s imagination for over twenty-five years, with the actual engraving of the images taking place from 1826 to 1838. The works on view are from the private collection of Kathy and Michael Mouron of Birmingham, Alabama, and are being shown publically in the region for the first time. Special admission price on Thursdays after 5 pm.
- July 23, 2017 - October 29, 2017
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 300 Church Street, Huntsville, AL
- Time: Tue-Wed/Sat 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Thu 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Sun noon - 5:00 PM
- Price: Admission charged, PASSPORT DISCOUNT COUPON AVAILABLE AT DOWNTOWN VISITOR CENTER