Winner of the American College Theatre Festival, this marvelously theatrical play is the story of a disturbed young man and his friendship with a disenchanted preacher in southern Indiana in the early 1930s. When the boy was young, he almost drowned. This trauma and the loss of his mother in the same accident has left him deathly afraid of water. The preacher, set on breaking away from a long line of Kentucky family preachers, is determined not to do what he does best. He works as a mechanic for the boy’s father. The town doesn’t have a preacher and the women try to persuade him to preach while he tries to persuade the child to wash. The Diviners is in turns humorous, beautiful, and tragic; and surprisingly speaks of many present day concerns with gentle wisdom.
Purchase tickets at 3314 Long Avenue.
- March 16, 2018 - March 24, 2018
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 700 Monroe Street, Huntsville, AL
- Phone: (256) 536-0807
- Time: Fri, Sat 7:30 PM, Sun 2:00 PM
- Price: Admission charged. Tickets sold at 3314 Long Avenue.