The Sporting Life presents highlights from the Remington Arms Collection and is believed to be the single largest holding of sporting and wildlife art in the world. While its size alone makes it significant, what ultimately sets the collection apart is the high quality of the pieces.
Boasting over 400 paintings dating from roughly 100 years ago to the present, Remington’s holdings include works by such respected early 20th century artists as N.C. Wyeth, J.C. Leyendecker, Lynn Bogue Hunt and William Harnden Foster, as well as paintings by contemporary masters Tom Beecham, Larry Duke and the legendary Bob Kuhn (the man generally acknowledged to be the greatest animal painter of the last half-century).
Special admission price on Thursdays after 5 pm.
- August 20, 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 300 Church Street, Huntsville, AL
- Time: Tue-Wed/Sat 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Thu 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Sun noon - 5:00 PM
- Price: Admission charged, PASSPORT DISCOUNT COUPON AVAILABLE AT DOWNTOWN VISITOR CENTER