Anaheim Chili is a locally owned restaurant with a unique Southwestern...
Head south from Downtown Huntsville, take a left to climb the hill that intersects Whitesburg Drive and Airport Road and you’ll be stunned at what you see: the beautiful, rolling hills of Jones Valley. A sweeping landscape dotted with grazing cows will greet you, along with beautiful homes built into the hillside and the majesty of the Cumberland Plateau on the horizon.
A Family Tradition
The Jones Valley area grew out of the sprawling farmlands of the storied Jones family, who saw the value in planting Kentucky grass on 2,500 acres of former cotton fields and making the property perfect grazing land for cattle. Although much of the land has been developed into residential and retail space, Jones Farm is still in business today and is considered the largest working urban farm in the U.S. Thanks to several schools and community centers, Jones Valley still has a strong sense of family. You’ll find all generations smiling here.
South Huntsville’s Playground of Choice
Of course, the people of Jones Valley love to have fun, which translates to one of the most active retail centers in Huntsville: Valley Bend. From shops to food, photographers and more, this area has everything from life’s essentials to indulgent splurges. A snapshot of what is here includes:
- Atwood Drive Linear Park Greenway connects Jones Valley to South Huntsville – a great place to walk, run and bike.
- Golfing with a view at The Ledges championship golf course.
- Carmike Cinemas Valley Bend is South Huntsville’s premiere movie theater, featuring 18 big screens of digital projection, including an IMAX 3D theater.
- Barnes & Noble is one of the best places in South Huntsville to curl up with a good book or magazine while enjoying a cup of coffee.
- Fleet Feet Sports is a local hub for runners and athletes. Any other active gear you could possibly need can be found at Dick’s Sporting Goods right next door!
- GameStop offers gamers the chance to try out new video games, trade in their titles and revisit old favorites.
Dining in Jones Valley
You’ll never go hungry in this part of town. Every conceivable food option is represented in Jones Valley. There are local eateries, like Mezza Luna’s fine Italian cuisine and the ever-popular I Love Sushi, as well as many other familiar chain restaurants, like:
- Moe’s Original BBQ
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
- Mellow Mushroom
- Yogurt Mountain
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Long Horn Steakhouse
- Jimmy John’s
- Bruster’s Ice Cream
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Chili’s Bar & Grill
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Firehouse Subs
- Another Broken Egg
- Waffle House
- … and many more!
A Great Time for Every Body
Don’t just treat your tummy well while you’re in Jones Valley. Make sure the rest of you is taken care of, too! You can check out:
As you can see, the peace and quiet of Jones Valley does not come at the cost of interesting and engaging things to do. Take the scenic drive down Carl T. Jones Drive and join the fun!
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
About the CVB