Every Saturday you can stroll through our vibrant hall as Artist Market...
In its early days, Huntsville was sectioned into districts that were based on the various textile facilities – such as Dallas Mill, Lowe Mill, Lincoln Mill and others – that drove the local economy. It’s noteworthy that in a special way, this tradition continues today!
Huntsville’s Creative Epicenter
Lowe Mill doesn’t distinguish itself because of the textile workforce anymore, but because of its art and local culture. Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, located just southwest of the heart of Huntsville, has become home to America’s largest privately owned arts center, and in the process has transformed its surrounding area into a burgeoning hotbed of inspiration and innovation. Exhibits and studios offer creativity from every imaginable discipline, such as:
- Culinary Arts
- Performance Art
Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment isn’t the only fun to be had in this part of town. Huntsville’s top destination for geek culture, The Deep Comics & Games is just a short distance away. Happy Tummy at Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, Bandito Burrito (the original) and Tai Pan Palace are some of the Rocket City’s longtime favorite restaurants, and they can also be found in the area.
El Palacio is also a good option for food here, and rumor has it that the original conceptual sketches for the lunar rover were drafted on the back of a napkin from this very restaurant!
Of course, one of the most exciting developments in the Lowe Mill neighborhood is Campus No. 805, a former middle school that's now a one-of-a-kind craft brewery, retail and entertainment complex. Campus No. 805 boasts a number of attractions, such as:
- 10,000 square feet of private event space
- 16,000 square feet of retail space
- Taprooms from two of Huntsville’s most popular breweries, Straight to Ale and Yellowhammer
- Bubba’s Silver Spoon Catering, offering award-winning event planning services
- Lone Goose Saloon, one of the Rocket City’s most popular bar and music venues.
- Yummy eats from Earth and Stone Wood Fired Pizzas
- Less than a block away, a third local brewery, Salty Nut is also serving up its versions of craft beer
The Lowe Mill area is one of the most exciting and rapidly developing neighborhoods in Huntsville and an essential destination for visitors and residents alike!
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
About the CVB