Cool days in January and February are perfect for enjoying the fresh air...
There may not be a more progressive and future-minded area in the entire state than the Research Park district. Technology firms, research facilities, educational institutions and cultural hotspots proliferate this busy and growing area. Thanks to one-of-a-kind shopping and dining destinations and top-notch lodging, Research Park isn’t just where many visitors and locals work; it’s also where they go to play.
North Alabama’s Premiere Lifestyle Center
Bridge Street Town Centre is much more than a shopping center. In addition to shops and restaurants, Bridge Street offers one of Huntsville’s most refined hotel experiences at the AAA Four Diamond-rated Westin Hotel; a VIP movie theater experience at the upscale, 14-screen Monaco Pictures; a gorgeous five-acre lake; a walking trail; live music performances and, for kids, a vintage carousel and the Bridge Street Express Train Ride.
Of course, don’t forget about those shops and restaurants.
- Find apparel and accessories from a wide array of outfitters, including a 170,000-square-foot Belk store, Anthropologie, J. Crew, Banana Republic, H&M, Clarks, Victoria’s Secret, DSW Shoes, Lucky Brand Jeans, Francesca’s, Mountain High Outfitters, Old Navy, Fossil and many, many more.
- Browse sporting goods at Orvis and Academy Sports.
- Score toys for both young and old at Babies R Us, Toys R Us and the only Apple Store in North Alabama.
- Visit Huntsville’s biggest selection of jewelers, such as Grogan, Icing, Kay, Pandora, REEDS, Versona and Shades.
- The popular bookseller and coffee shop Barnes & Noble is perfect for those wanting to browse while waiting on a movie or dinner reservation.
- Speaking of dinner, enjoy a fancy night out at Connors Steak & Seafood, BRAVO! Cucina Italiana, The Melting Pot, P.F. Chang’s, Texas De Brazil and more.
- Meet up with friends for a fun meal at Bar Louie, BJ’s Brewhouse, Cantina Laredo or Scene Restaurant & Lounge, located conveniently in the lobby of Monaco Pictures.
- Or, grab a quick bite while you’re out and about at Café 153, Pieology Pizzeria, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit or Panera Bread.
Fueling the Future
As you can imagine, there are tens of thousands of employees, students and residents in Research Park, and these folks love having the essentials right at their fingertips. The amount of heavy activity in this district should be not surprising, considering Cummings Research Park is home to about 300 different companies in the aerospace, defense, engineering, biotechnology, software development, manufacturing and IT industries. At a capacity of 9 million square feet, Cummings Research Park is the second largest research park in the United States. The innovation and imagination of this district is fed by The University of Alabama in Huntsville, a comprehensive research university specializing in science and engineering.
One of the cornerstones of Huntsville’s economy, Research Park is an essential destination for anyone spending time in the Rocket City.
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
About the CVB