Arts & Culture
It's easy to assume that with the Rocket City's unusually high concentration of left-brained, technically focused minds, that the arts play second fiddle to technology and innovation. That couldn't be further from the truth.
Spend a day touring Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, and you'll start to see a theme. Many artists you speak with spend their days doing technical jobs...and their after-hours pouring themselves into their art. And boy does that make for some truly creative and gorgeous results.
The Rocket City loves to engage in arts and culture of all sorts. You should certainly make a point to check out some of these offerings while you’re in Huntsville:
- Huntsville Museum of Art - home to more than 3,000 objects in its permanent collection
- A vast number of theatre offerings – from Broadway to independent performances
- Outdoor art featured across the city in the Spaces Sculpture Trail
- The state’s longest continuously operating professional orchestra (going strong for over 50 years), Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
- Huntsville Ballet - North Alabama's first professional ballet company
- The nation's largest privately owned arts center, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment
Huntsville is home to some of the Southeast’s most impressive creative endeavors. Local artists represent every imaginable creative discipline, and art enthusiasts come out in droves for stage shows, photography exhibits, film screenings, dance productions and musical performances.
Looking for even more information on the arts scene in Huntsville? Check out our friends at Arts Huntsville!
Arts & Culture
- Skating & More