Your Private Four-Hour Tour includes
- Private driver
- Private Transportation from Rocket City Shuttles
- Leadership by a professional tour guide
- Immersive Learning Experience
- Engaging discussion on significant spaces
- Civil Rights landmarks and narratives
- Black History landmarks and narratives
- 4 hour tour
- Boxed Lunch
- Sharable photo album
What you see:
- Stand in the shadow of the First Public School in the State of Alabama to Desegregate
- Stand on the grounds of the First Private School in Alabama to Integrate
- Discover the streets and city blocks where lunch-counter sit-ins occurred
- Walk the city spaces where street picketing took place
- Stand on the campus where students pursued integrated education
- Walk in the shadow of segregated libraries
- Discover the dynamic of segregated healthcare
- Drive through neighborhoods that used Redlining to sustain segregation
- Discover where Martin Luther King walked, stood, spoke and slept in Huntsville
- Understand the military impact of The Buffalo Soldiers in Huntsville
- Discover where an American Historic Icon lived and worked in Huntsville
- Learn the civil rights strategy, its leaders and its successes
The struggle for justice and the battle against hatred happened in Huntsville, Alabama. Now you can experience the landmarks in Huntsville that tell the story of our local Civil Rights Movement. Stand in the shadows of the First Public School in Alabama to Integrate; The first Private School in Alabama to Integrate; and Segregated Libraries.
Discover the original locations of Strategy and Organizing Meetings; Sit-ins and Street Marches; Healthcare Segregation; and Redline Neighborhoods designed to prevent integration.
Pay homage to sacred cemeteries for enslaved people; Discover the valiant military impact of Buffalo Soldiers; Celebrate the vision and the footprint of William Hooper Councill.
Expand your comprehension while visiting local sites that tell the story of American History within the Deep South.
Once you book your tour, Scenethat will partner with Rocket City Shuttles to schedule your tour and follow up to determine the precise time and the specific meeting location.
- February 6, 2022 - October 23, 2022
- Recurring weekly on Sunday
- Location: Downtown Huntsville, Huntsville, AL
- Phone: (256) 658-6900
- Time: Times Vary
- Price: Varies