The South’s largest hands-on history museum provides opportunities to discover, create, envision and explore and are just a splash, snap, push and smile away. Listen as the 16-foot talking tree tells folktales. Push the buttons on the EarlyWorks bandstand and enjoy toe-tapping tunes made popular by Alabama musicians. Discover Alabama’s river life and waterways on the life-size floating keelboat. Try on costumes similar to those worn in the 19th century, sack goods at the General Store and explore the log cabins, Federal and Victorian style houses.
- Kitchen Facilities: Catering kitchen
- Wedding Amenities: Grand Hall
- Outdoor Amenities: Private outdoor space for small ceremony
- Smoking: No
- Tables & Chairs: Available to rent
- Parking: Metered street parking and city garages on north and west side of museum.
Hours of Operation
- Closed: Sun/Mon
- Hours: Tue - Sat 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM