EarlyWorks was designed for children - go ahead ... touch, climb, pull, explore!
Hear stories from the Talking Tree, play a tune on the giant-sized instruments at the Alabama bandstand and try your hand at building in the Kidstruction Zone. Explore a 46-foot Keelboat, trade your wares at the General Store and try on 19th century-style clothing in the federal house. Pre-schoolers will enjoy exploring Biscuit's Backyard, a touch-and-learn area designed especially for them, which includes a garden, grocery store, water table and even karaoke!
HERE'S WHAT VISITORS CAN EXPECT during their visit due to current health concerns:
· On-line pre-purchase of tickets
· Fall hours beginning Sept 8 are Wed-Sat 10 am - 4 pm, Sun 1 - 4 pm
· All exhibits will be open and capacitiy monitored.
· Paper maps will not be available.
· Restrooms will be open and cleaned frequently.
· Water fountains will be closed.
- 100% Smoke-Free:
- Outdoor Amenities: Private outdoor space for small ceremony
- Parking: Metered street parking, city garages on north and west side of EarlyWorks Museum and Alabama Constitution Hall Park and Museum. Parking lots at Depot.
- Smoking: No
- Tables & Chairs: Provided
- Wedding Amenities: Grand Hall, Depot Roundhouse
Hours of Operation
- Closed: Sun/Mon
- Hours: Tue - Sat 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Accessible restrooms:
- Designated Accessible Parking Spaces:
- Entrance Accessibility:
- Large Print:
- Paved/wheelchair-friendly outdoor pathways:
- Quiet spaces/resources for visitors with Autism:
- Stair lifts and/or elevators:
- Tables & Seating:
- Unobstructed viewing from accessible seating for s:
- Van Accessible Parking Spaces:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Largest Room 3450
- Total Sq. Ft. 3500
- Reception Capacity 500
- Banquet Capacity 200
The Grand Hall
- Total Sq. Ft.: 3500
- Width: 75
- Length: 46
- Banquet Capacity: 200
- Reception Capacity: 500