While glass containers and vessels have been made for more than 2,000...
Whatever flavor of activity you prefer, you’ll find it in Huntsville’s Recreation District. Lying just west of Memorial Parkway and south of Bob Wallace Avenue, the Recreation District offers fun and plenty of physical activity options for visitors and residents alike.
Whether you’re looking for quiet, solo exercise or a more raucous family outing, you’ll find it in the Recreation District.
- For year-round ice skating and hockey, visit Huntsville IcePlex.
- Pump It Up is Huntsville’s popular indoor inflatable playground.
- A premier health and fitness club, Athletic Club Alabama offers personal training, cardio equipment, free weights, tennis and racquetball courts and climbing walls.
- The state-of-the-art Huntsville Tennis Center features 24 clay and 6 hard tennis courts, all conveniently lighted for night play.
- Whether your little ones are toddlers or older children, Kids’ Space is the place to take them for a spacious and varied playground experience!
- Huntsville Running Park gives joggers and sprinters a diverse and serene running experience, with plenty of shady sections and a beautiful view of the nearby golf course.
- John Hunt Park is a major destination for soccer tournaments and teams, featuring 21 grass soccer fields and 2 championship fields.
- The Jaycee Fairgrounds come alive whenever the Northeast Alabama State Fair comes to town, and hosts exciting events throughout the year.
- Huntsville Gymnastics Center and Matrix Gym are top-notch facilities for gymnastics and cheerleading training and exercise.
- Make time for your daily workout with the varied fitness activities at Crossfit Huntsville.
- Celebrate your fitness accomplishment or simply toast the day with a craft beer, cider or non-alcoholic craft soda at Fractal Brewing Project.
- And, if you need a bit less movement, Regal Hollywood 18 offers the latest digitally projected blockbusters and a lobby full of arcade favorites.
Reading about all of your options in Huntsville’s Recreation District may have worn you out as much as spending a day here, but don’t let that keep you from joining in on the fun!
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
- Rocket City Kids Pass
About the CVB