3 Days in Huntsville: Young Professional Edition
A day in the life of a young professional can look like a lot of different things as you network, juggle a side hustle, or just try to fit everything between 8am and 5pm, while staying hydrated and maintaining emotional stability. But as EOD approaches, you close your laptop, and the clock strikes bye o’clock, the world is your oyster. Luckily for you, you don’t have to make any more decisions – even if it’s about finding some fun. Follow our carefully curated (but very flexible) 3-day itinerary for the young professional, that will take you on an unforgettable tour of Huntsville.
Start with a signature cereal milk latte at Offbeat Coffee Studio (with flavors like Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch), and order the Canadian Bakin everything bagel with sausage, egg and cheese, or a seasonal Good Company Café drop biscuit.
Straight to Ale offers dozens of local brews on tap with a very casual and inviting vibe. You can’t go wrong with their Jerk Chicken Tacos or mouth-watering poutine.
If you’re not in the mood for burgers and tacos, make the short walk over to Yellowhammer Brewery with Earth & Stone Wood Fired Pizza or next door to Rock-n-Roll Sushi for some crispy wontons and a spicy tuna roll.
Stuff to Do
- Test your aim at Civil Axe Throwing
- Learn to salsa at Huntsville Ballroom
- Get some new ink at Arcadia Tattoo
- Show Donkey Kong who’s boss at Pints & Pixels
- Play a virtual 9 holes at X-Golf
Charlie Foster’s has the coolest ghostly origin story of any coffee shop we’ve ever known. Try an afternoon pick-me-up in the form of a Dirty Dr. Pepper Cold Brew, Matcha Latte, or a classic cappuccino.
- Slurp some Miso Ramen from Kamado Ramen (and make it spicy, if that’s your thing)
- Chomp down on a Cuban from Parm & Pepper
- Order a craft cocktail (or two) from the Pourhouse
- Go straight for dessert with the Strawberry Banana at Oh Crêpe
- Or an Alabama Peach Pie Milkshake at Oscar Moon’s
- Trivia every Tuesday at Pourhouse
- Live music on Fridays and Saturdays in the courtyard
- Wine tastings and concerts at The Electric Belle
Spend your second day in the Rocket City in the heart of downtown, exploring all four corners of the square, meandering around historic Twickenham, and visiting the ducks and koi of Big Spring Park.
- Those square biscuits hit different at the Social Standard Market, but be sure to get there early – the dining room is quaintly petite, and seating is limited
- The Martin Bistro serves $2 Mimosas! But only from 10:30am - 11:30am (probably for the best)
- Get your sugar fix with the French toast casserole at Beezr
Stuff to Do
- Discover a little history at the 100+ year old Harrison Brothers
- Engage in a little retail therapy at the shops on Clinton Row
- Find all the hidden murals on the Secret Art Trail
- Learn to balance on silks for aerial yoga at Light on Yoga
- Take a class at the Museum of Art or explore their rotating exhibitions
- Score fresh & local goodies from Green Street Market (every Thursday, May-October)
- The Bee’s Knees and a Kona (açai) Bowl from Honest Coffee Roasters
- Literally ANY seasonal latte at The Moon Bake Shop with a ham, havarti, and honey butter croissant
- Teres major steak salmoriglio with a glass of red at Mazarras Vinoteca
- A dozen raw oysters on the half shell at Sea Salt
- Charcuterie board and a glass of white at Domaine South
- Fish & chips with a Guinness at The Poppy & Parliament
- The Rueben or fried pickles from Melt
- The Guido pizza and coffee gelato at Sam & Greg’s
- Spam fried rice or kimchi pizza at Phat Sammy’s
- Check out the rooftop bar scene with craft cocktails and cityscape views at:
- Visit the secret, underground speakeasy
- Listen to live music at Green Bus Brewing or Rocket City Republic
- Book a seat on Rocket City Rover
- Go on a Ghost Walk (only during September & October)
The last day of your itinerary will take you into the trendy nooks and crannies of MidCity, and through the art covered corridors of a renovated textile mill.
Fuel up on espresso and every kind of delectable French pastry at L’Etoile Patisserie.
Before you head west towards MidCity, spend some time roaming the halls at Lowe Mill – an arts facility and event venue that hosts concerts and markets, offers classes and workshops, houses over 150 studios, and 11 places to eat & drink.
- Speaking of eating, Poftà Bunà International serves a mean gyro, with fries on the inside
- For vegan comfort food or a smoothie, visit The Veggie
- Pizzelle’s hand-crafted chocolates are works of art, but not too pretty to eat
- Try a fruitliciuos flavor at Suzy’s Pops like peach basil or key lime pie
Stuff to do
- The (farmer & artisan’s) Market at MidCity (every Sunday, March to November)
- Shop for snacks and succulents at Trader Joe’s
- Go to a Trash Pandas Baseball or Havoc Hockey game (season depending)
- Try your hand(s and feet) at High Point rock climbing
- See how many tickets you can win at Main Event
Dinner & Entertainment
- The Crown Jewel (lobster and truffle) tacos at Agave & Rye with a movie at Cinemark
- Enjoy tasty vittles while you safely drink and “drive” at Top Golf
- Their slogan does the work for you: Eat, Drink & Play at Dave & Buster’s.
Though this may appear a comprehensive list of to-dos and where-to-eats, our itinerary doesn’t even begin to do the Rocket City justice. The theater scene, numerous hiking trails, comedy shows, historic museums – there’s so much to see that simply can’t be covered in just three days. Hopefully this mere taste whets your appetite for more Huntsville adventures. Happy exploring!
Bio: Blue Summit Supplies was founded in 2016 by Owen Franklin, a former thermal engineer. For half a decade, Owen helped build rocket systems for large defense contractors in Huntsville, Alabama. Having dreamed of being an engineer since childhood, Owen never anticipated he would abandon his secure career to sell office supplies online. But what started as a side gig rapidly became a profitable and all-encompassing pursuit. Now, Blue Summit Supplies is the largest third-party seller of office supplies on Amazon and has its own line of private-label supplies that you can find both on Amazon and on BlueSummitSupplies.com. As of 2022, Blue Summit Supplies has also expanded into local delivery of office, business, and restaurant products for the Huntsville metro area, with plans to expand into more cities in the near future.
- #iHeartHsv Blog
- Around Us