iFest is a one-day, family-friendly spectacular features a wealth of global...
Von Braun Center
The Von Braun Center – or VBC for short – is Huntsville’s largest comprehensive event space with more than 170,000 square feet of flexible meeting, exhibit and performance areas. Centrally located downtown near hotels, shops and restaurants, and overlooking the manicured landscape of Big Spring International Park, the Von Braun Center is an excellent resource for:
- Large-scale conventions and trade shows
- Association meetings
- Small break-out sessions
- Banquets and receptions
- Concerts, shows, ballets and other performances
- Sporting events
- ...and much, much more!
Meeting planners are attracted to this space because of its versatility and experienced technical support team, as well as its on-site catering and 500-space covered parking garage.
The specific spaces within the VBC are like stand-alone meeting facilities in their own right. What's more - in 2015 - plans for the City Centre development (to be built project directly across from the VBC) were announced. Additional hotel space, restaurants, lofts and more are expected in this development with its completion date estimated to be in the 2017-2018 time frame.
If you haven't seen our blog post on “40 reasons to meet at the VBC?” Check it out here. It's a great way to learn about the Von Braun Center and its impact on the Rocket City area.
The South Hall
- More than 100,000 square feet of contiguous space with 35-foot ceilings
- 82,000 square feet of column free exhibit space
- Configuration for up to eight meeting rooms
- 20,000-square-foot pre-function lobby
The North Hall
- 23,000-square-foot banquet hall accommodating up to 1,200 for a seated meal
- Configuration for up to 13 separate meeting rooms
- Upper and lower floor space
- A smaller exhibit hall that provides numerous options for break-outs
The East Hall
- Nearly 25,000 square feet of exhibit space
- Can be divided into three distinct meeting spaces
- Holds up to 3,000 with theater seating
- Multi-level 8,000-seat arena
- Multi-use 110-foot by 212-foot floor with 400-pound-per-square-foot weight capacity
- Two HD LED video boards and two LED fascia boards
- A modern lobby with adjoining pre-function space
Mark C. Smith Concert Hall
- 1,950 fixed seats arranged in continental style
- Backstage accommodations for up to 60 performers or speakers
- Double-bay loading dock access
- Orchestra pit and full orchestra acoustic shell
- Adjacent rehearsal spaces and reception area
- Up to 500-seat black box theater seating
A national convoy of motorcycles will retrace the route Cherokee Indians...
Relive the thrilling mission of Apollo 11 in a reenactment of the moon...