Apollo: When We Went to the Moon , chronicles the timeline from the...
Facts and Statistics
If you're researching Huntsville for your next media piece, here are the basics just to get you started.
Huntsville is located in Madison, Limestone, and Morgan Counties, nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama.
About 215 square miles
~195,000 (as of July 2017)
Huntsville is characterized by a temperate climate, with high temperatures in the late spring, summer, and early fall. Humid weather is common, and winters are mild.
- 3.7 million people visited Madison County in 2019
- Travel and tourism provided a $1.6 billion economic impact in 2019
- Travel and tourism supported roughly 18,970 jobs in Madison County in 2019
- Madison County saw the second-highest amount of visitors of all Alabama counties in 2019
- Every household in Huntsville/Madison County saves more than $925 in taxes as a result of travel expenditures
Campus No. 805, 10 + local breweries, Topgolf, Ditto Landing & Marina, Monte Sano State Park, golf courses, Huntsville Aquatics Center, ice complex, tennis center, soccer complexes, cross-country running course, disc golf courses, community recreation centers, numerous city greenways, over 100 miles of hiking/biking trails, Green Mountain
Multiple antique stores and boutiques