Relive the thrilling mission of Apollo 11 in a reenactment of the moon...
Madison County is home to Huntsville and Madison, but it's also comprised of smaller communities that boast unique identities of their own, including:
- New Hope
- Hampton Cove
- Hazel Green
- New Market
- Owens Cross Roads
The natural beauty of lower Appalachia is painted across all of the areas which offer various types of outdoor fun.
Visitors along with locals appreciate the small-town charm and atmosphere found at many local joints. Consider checking out these while you’re here:
- Hiking nature trails and fishing at the Harvest Square Preserve
- Eating BBQ made the “old school pit smoked” way at New Market BBQ
- Watersports on the Tennessee or Flint Rivers – North Alabama Canoe & Kayak (NACK) offer guided trips
- Golfing on the expansive Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail’s at Hampton Cove
- Exploring Tate Farms during the fall for family fun on the farm – hayrides, pumpkin patch, corn maze and more
When you consider the vibrant array of different types of people, sights, businesses and experiences that you can find in Madison County, it’s hard not to see it as a microcosm of the changing face of Alabama. That makes perfect sense, considering Madison County is acknowledged as “the birthplace of Alabama,” due to its hosting of the state’s Constitutional Convention in 1819.
Did you know you can explore the “conventional” history with a trip to Alabama Constitutional Village?
In Madison County, the past, present and future of Alabama shine brightly for visitors and locals alike.
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
About the CVB