Two items minimum 19 & over April Macie is currently starring in the...
Guided History Tours
Every spring and fall, the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau shows off Huntsville and Madison through free walking tours. Tours are guided by local experts and focus on the historic districts of both cities.
If you plan to visit the area in April or October, you should save room in your vacation itinerary for these annual free events. They’re popular with both visitors and locals. No tickets or reservations are needed for walking tours. Just bring yourself (and your thirst for historical knowledge!)
October 2023 Tour Dates:
October 7: Old Town Tour. Departs from Walker Ave in Huntsville at 10:00 a.m.
October 14: Five Points Tour. Departs from Wells Ave and Maple Hill Cemetery at 10:00 a.m.
Are pets allowed? What about strollers?
- Yes! Leashed pets and strollers are welcome.
What should I bring?
- Whatever you're comfortable carrying! Water, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and light snacks are always a good idea. Fall and spring weather can be unpredictable in Alabama, so be sure to check the weather ahead of time to dress accordingly.
Are restrooms available?
- No. Homes along the tour are not open to the public. Tours typically last between 1-1.5 hours.
What if it rains?
- If the weather is severe or there is heavy rain, the CVB will announce cancellations before departure via social media. Replacement dates will not be scheduled. If you have questions regarding cancellations, call the Huntsville/Madison County Visitor Center at (256) 551-2370 (local) or toll-free at (800) SPACE-4-U.
- All Events
Huntsville Holiday Magic
- Festivals & Annual Events
Fall in Huntsville
- Submit Events