While glass containers and vessels have been made for more than 2,000...
Guided History Tours
Every spring and fall, the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau shows off Huntsville and Madison through its free walking tours. Tours are guided by local experts and focus on the historic districts of both cities.
If you’re planning a visit to the area in April or October, you should definitely save room in your vacation itinerary for these annual free events. They’re popular for both visitors and locals. Plus, did we mention they’re free? No tickets or reservations are needed for walking tours. Just bring yourself (and your thirst for historical knowledge!)
April 2022 Tour Dates:
April 16 and 23: Historic Downtown Madison. Departing at 10 a.m. from the Madison Gazebo on Front Street. Tours led by Cindi Sanderson (April 16) and Gerald Clark (April 23).
Are pets allowed? What about strollers?
- Yes! Leashed pets and strollers are welcome.
What should I bring?
- Whatever you're comfortable carrying! Water, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and light snacks are always a good idea. Fall and spring weather can be unpredictable in Alabama, so be sure to check the weather ahead of time to dress accordingly.
Are restrooms available?
- Homes along the tour will not be open to the public, so it's best to use the restroom beforehand. Tours typically last between 1-1.5 hours.
What if it rains?
- If the weather is severe or there is heavy rain, the CVB will announce cancellations prior to the tour's departure via social media. There will be no replacement date scheduled. If you have questions regarding cancellations, call the Huntsville/Madison County Visitor Center at (256) 551-2370 (local) or toll-free at (800) SPACE-4-U.
The exhibition features a surprisingly wide range of themes and styles....
- All Events
- Artemis Celebrations
- Festivals & Annual Events
- Submit Events