Please note: the Depot grounds are open, however, the museum is currently not conducting tours.
Climb aboard locomotives and Huntsville's first ladder fire truck, discover graffiti written by actual Civil War soldiers, and listen as Andy Barker, the robotic ticket agent, tells of Alabama's railway history. There's even a "kids' playroom" complete with try-on costumes, train puzzles, and games.
- 100% Smoke-Free:
- Location Character: Historic
- Parking: Parking lots
- Wedding Amenities: The Depot Roundhouse is available for rental.
Hours of Operation
- Closed: Sun/Mon, Dec-Feb, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Hours: *Hours change seasonally. Please call 256-564-8100 to confirm hours of operation and tour times.
- Accessible restrooms:
- Designated Accessible Parking Spaces:
- Entrance Accessibility:
- Paved/wheelchair-friendly outdoor pathways:
- Stair lifts and/or elevators:
- Unobstructed views from accessible seating:
- Van Accessible Parking Spaces:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Total Sq. Ft. 7500
- Reception Capacity 1000
- Total Sq. Ft.: 7000
- Width: 115
- Length: 90
- Height: 60
- Theater Capacity: 500
- Classroom Capacity: 300
- Banquet Capacity: 350
- Reception Capacity: 600