Huntsville Botanical Garden is offering 10 different summer camp themes in...
New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
Huntsville is growing, and with that growth comes even more options for visitors. From new restaurants and hotels, to entertainment and mixed-use developments, the list of reasons to plan your trip to the Rocket City just keeps getting longer! Bonus: check out our list of New and Coming Soon Restaurants for a deeper dive into what's new to Huntsville's dining scene.
Hampton Inn & Suites - 150 rooms, opening late 2021
106 Jefferson, Curio by Hilton - 117 rooms, now open!
Hyatt House - 145 rooms, coming soon
Autograph Collection by Marriott - 187 rooms, a rooftop bar, banquet/conference space, and two full-service restaurants, anticipated 2022-2023
New mixed-use development coming to former Coca Cola bottling site - hotel, dining, and retail
New Bars and Eateries:
- Marriott Aloft Hotel will be the ideal getaway when visiting MidCity. Once completed, Aloft will have six stories and offer 130 guest rooms
- Hotel Indigo – 120 rooms
- Outdoor lovers rejoice! REI Co-Op has opened a location in MidCity. Inside, the store has everything one would need to camp, hike, climb, cycle, paddle, and run during every season.
- Trader Joe's - now open!
- Highpoint Climbing and Fitness
- Dave & Buster's
- Topgolf Huntsville
- The Camp
- Kung Fu Tea
- Kamado Ramen
- Color Me Mine
- Coming soon: state-of-the-art Orion Amphitheater
CityCentre at Big Spring
Visitors now get a stellar view of Big Spring International Park by staying at the new AC Hotel. The new 120-room hotel is within walking distance of the Von Braun Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and events.
- Alabama's only AC Hotel with 120 rooms
- Rooftop bar and restaurant - BarVista
- Eclipse Studio Living
- 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space
- Artisanal food hall (coming 2021)
- Rocket City Trash Pandas Minor League Baseball at Toyota Field
- Mixed-use retail and residential space
- Home2 Suites Hotel - 107 rooms
- avid Hotel - 87 rooms
- The Yard Milkshake Bar
- Marriott, Town Madison – 200+ rooms – to be announced
- The Hub - J. Alexander's, Panera Bread, and more
- Food Garden, including Kamado Ramen, Oh Crepe, Pourhouse wine and cocktail bar, El Cazador, Fresko Grill, Parm & Pepper (now open!)
- Charlie Foster's Coffee
- Oscar Moon's Milkshakes
- Office and meeting/event space
- Retail hub at Gaslight Alley - now open!
- Southern Brewers Cooperative - coming Fall 2021
Expansions and Updates
Von Braun Center
- Mars Music Hall - now open
- Rhythm on Monroe - now open
- The addition of a new ballroom/multi-purpose space of 35,000 sq. ft. that will include an outdoor terrace
- Renovation of the existing North Hall
- The addition of 14,000 sq. ft. of breakout meeting space
- New pre-function/lobby of 15,000 sq. ft.
- New concourse that will seamlessly connect the existing South Hall concourse and the Embassy Suites hotel
- Extension of the existing concourse leading from the Concert Hall and Arena to the newly constructed facilities
- The addition of a new full-service kitchen
John Hunt Park
A world-class cross country course and sand volleyball venue with a pavilion personify the ambitious plan to revitalize and expand the facilities at John Hunt Park. Also added to the park, or in the works: new soccer and lacrosse fields, a disc golf course, a 15-acre festival site, walking and cycling paths, renovations of the Wilcoxon Ice Complex and a dramatic transformation for Joe W. Davis Stadium into a multi-use complex for high school football, soccer, lacrosse and other events.
Other new hotels announced for Huntsville/Madison County
- Hyatt Place at Bridge Street Town Centre - 110 rooms, now open
- Fairfield Inn - 80 rooms, now open
Meet the Black father-son duo who not only transformed the Huntsville and...
The concerts are held in downtown Huntsville’s Big Spring Park on the...
Dare to Explore: Frontiers of Space is a new and evolving exhibit...
Explore the Garden with your four-legged friends, Monday afternoons from 4...
Things To Do
Arts & Culture
Scavenger Hunts & Trails
- Pet Friendly