The cool temps and brilliant color of fall calls for being in the great...
New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
Huntsville is growing, and with that growth comes even more options for visitors. From new restaurants and hotels, to entertainment and mixed-use developments, the list of reasons to plan your trip to the Rocket City just keeps getting longer! Bonus: check out our list of New and Coming Soon Restaurants for a deeper dive into what's new to Huntsville's dining scene.
Hampton Inn & Suites - 150 rooms, opening late 2021
Curio by Hilton in Downtown Huntsville - 117 rooms, anticipated August 2021
Hyatt House - 145 rooms, opening 2021
Autograph Collection by Marriott - 187 rooms, a rooftop bar, banquet/conference space, and two full-service restaurants, anticipated December 2021
- Marriott Aloft Hotel will be the ideal getaway when visiting MidCity. Once completed, Aloft will have six stories and offer 130 guest rooms
- Hotel Indigo – 120 rooms - mid-2021
- Outdoor lovers rejoice! REI Co-Op has opened a location in MidCity. Inside, the store has everything one would need to camp, hike, climb, cycle, paddle, and run during every season
- Highpoint Climbing and Fitness
- Dave & Buster's
- Topgolf Huntsville
- The Camp
- Coming soon: Color Me Mine, Wahlburger's, Kamado Ramen, Kung Fu Tea
Visitors now get a stellar view of Big Spring International Park by staying at the new AC Hotel. The new 120-room hotel is within walking distance of the Von Braun Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and events.
- Alabama's only AC Hotel with 120 rooms
- Rooftop bar - BarVista
- Full service restaurant and bar
- 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space
- Artisanal food hall (coming 2021)
- Rocket City Trash Pandas Minor League Baseball Stadium (April 2020)
- Mixed-use retail and residential space
- Home2 Suites Hotel - 107 rooms
- avid Hotel - 87 rooms, coming early 2021
- Margaritaville Resort - 150 rooms, 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, lazy river and water park - anticipated in 2021
- Marriott, Town Madison – 200+ rooms – to be announced
- The Hub - J. Alexander's, Panera Bread, and more
- Food Garden, including Kamado Ramen, Oh Crepe, Pourhouse wine and cocktail bar, El Cazador, Fresko Grill and Mazzara's Italian Kitchen featuring Giustino's Gelato. Charlie Foster's Coffee is coming soon!
- Office and meeting/event space
- Retail hub at Gaslight Alley - coming soon
- Southern Brewers Cooperative - coming 2020
Expansions and Updates
- The addition of a new ballroom/multi-purpose space of 35,000 sq. ft. that will include an outdoor terrace
- Renovation of the existing North Hall
- The addition of 14,000 sq. ft. of breakout meeting space
- New pre-function/lobby of 15,000 sq. ft.
- New concourse that will seamlessly connect the existing South Hall concourse and the Embassy Suites hotel
- Extension of the existing concourse leading from the Concert Hall and Arena to the newly constructed facilities
- The addition of a new full-service kitchen
A world-class cross country course and sand volleyball venue with a pavilion personify the ambitious plan to revitalize and expand the facilities at John Hunt Park. Also added to the park, or in the works: new soccer and lacrosse fields, a disc golf course, a 15-acre festival site, walking and cycling paths, renovations of the Wilcoxon Ice Complex and a dramatic transformation for Joe W. Davis Stadium into a multi-use complex for high school football, soccer, lacrosse and other events.
New hotels announced for Huntsville/Madison County
Arts & Culture
- Live Music in Huntsville
- New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
- Skating & More
- Farmers Markets