Calling all dog lovers and bird-watchers: Beaks and Barks is back at the...
New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
Huntsville is growing, and with that growth comes even more options for visitors. From new restaurants and hotels, to entertainment and mixed-use developments, the list of reasons to plan your trip to the Rocket City just keeps getting longer!
- Marriott Aloft Hotel will be the ideal getaway when visiting MidCity. Currently slated to open late 2019, Aloft will have six stories and offer 130 guest rooms
- Outdoor lovers rejoice! REI Co-Op has plans to open a location in MidCity within the coming year. Inside, the store has everything one would need to camp, hike, climb, cycle, paddle, and run during every season
- Restaurants coming to MidCity: Wahlburgers, Pies & Pints, and Dave & Busters
- Highpoint Climbing and Fitness
Visitors now get a stellar view of Big Spring International Park by staying at the new AC Hotel. The new 120-room hotel is within walking distance of the Von Braun Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and events.
- Alabama's only AC Hotel with 120 rooms
- Full service restaurant and bar
- 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space
- Artisanal food hall (coming 2021)
- Food Garden, including Kamado Ramen, Oh Crepe, Pourhouse wine and cocktail bar, and Mazzara's Italian Kitchen featuring Giustino's Gelato
- Office and meeting/event space
- Rocket City Trash Pandas Minor League Baseball Stadium (April 2020)
- Mixed-use retail and residential space
- Home2 Suites Hotel - 107 rooms
- Margaritaville Resort - 150 rooms, 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, lazy river and water park - anticipated in 2020
Expansions and Updates
- The addition of a new ballroom/multi-purpose space of 35,000 sq. ft. that will include an outdoor terrace
- Renovation of the existing North Hall
- The addition of 14,000 sq. ft. of breakout meeting space
- New pre-function/lobby of 15,000 sq. ft.
- New concourse that will seamlessly connect the existing South Hall concourse and the Embassy Suites hotel
- Extension of the existing concourse leading from the Concert Hall and Arena to the newly constructed facilities
- The addition of a new full-service kitchen
- The addition of a 1,200 capacity music hall and food and beverage venue
- Updates to the park will take place over the next 10-15 years, including new features planned for a state-of-the-art 10K cross country course, 12 sand volleyball courts with a pavilion, walking and cycling paths, a disc golf course, and 15 acre festival area
New hotels announced for Huntsville/Madison County
Hampton Inn & Suites - 150 rooms, opening 2020
Curio by Hilton in Downtown Huntsville - 117 rooms, opening 2020
Hyatt House - 145 rooms, opening 2021
Autograph Collection by Marriott - 187 rooms, a rooftop bar, banquet/conference space, and two full-service restaurants, anticipated December 2021
This exhibition features 36 hand-selected silver gelatin and color...
Arts & Culture
- New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
- Live Music in Huntsville
- Skating & More
- Farmers Markets