On the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, this exhibition looks back at...
New and Coming Soon to Huntsville
Huntsville is growing, and with that growth comes even more options for visitors. From new restaurants and hotels, to entertainment and mixed-use developments, the list of reasons to plan your trip to the Rocket City just keeps getting longer! Bonus: check out our list of New and Coming Soon Restaurants for a deeper dive into what's new to Huntsville's dining scene.
Hampton Inn & Suites - 150 rooms, opening late 2021
106 Jefferson, Curio by Hilton - 117 rooms, now open!
Hyatt House - 145 rooms
Autograph Collection by Marriott - 187 rooms, a rooftop bar, banquet/conference space, and two full-service restaurants, anticipated 2022
New mixed-use development coming to former Coca Cola bottling site - hotel, dining, and retail
New Bars and Eateries:
- Marriott Aloft Hotel will be the ideal getaway when visiting MidCity. Once completed, Aloft will have six stories and offer 130 guest rooms
- Hotel Indigo – 120 rooms
- Outdoor lovers rejoice! REI Co-Op has opened a location in MidCity. Inside, the store has everything one would need to camp, hike, climb, cycle, paddle, and run during every season.
- Highpoint Climbing and Fitness
- Dave & Buster's
- Topgolf Huntsville
- The Camp
- Kung Fu Tea
- Kamado Ramen
- Coming soon: state-of-the-art Huntsville Amphitheater, Trader Joe's, Color Me Mine
Visitors now get a stellar view of Big Spring International Park by staying at the new AC Hotel. The new 120-room hotel is within walking distance of the Von Braun Center, downtown restaurants, shopping, and events.
- Rocket City Trash Pandas Minor League Baseball at Toyota Field
- Mixed-use retail and residential space
- Home2 Suites Hotel - 107 rooms
- avid Hotel - 87 rooms, coming early 2021
- Margaritaville Resort - 150 rooms, 3,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, lazy river and water park
- Marriott, Town Madison – 200+ rooms – to be announced
- The Hub - J. Alexander's, Panera Bread, and more
- Food Garden, including Kamado Ramen, Oh Crepe, Pourhouse wine and cocktail bar, El Cazador, Fresko Grill, Parm & Pepper (now open!)
- Charlie Foster's Coffee
- Oscar Moon's Milkshakes
- Office and meeting/event space
- Retail hub at Gaslight Alley - now open!
- Southern Brewers Cooperative - coming 2021
Expansions and Updates
- The addition of a new ballroom/multi-purpose space of 35,000 sq. ft. that will include an outdoor terrace
- Renovation of the existing North Hall
- The addition of 14,000 sq. ft. of breakout meeting space
- New pre-function/lobby of 15,000 sq. ft.
- New concourse that will seamlessly connect the existing South Hall concourse and the Embassy Suites hotel
- Extension of the existing concourse leading from the Concert Hall and Arena to the newly constructed facilities
- The addition of a new full-service kitchen
A world-class cross country course and sand volleyball venue with a pavilion personify the ambitious plan to revitalize and expand the facilities at John Hunt Park. Also added to the park, or in the works: new soccer and lacrosse fields, a disc golf course, a 15-acre festival site, walking and cycling paths, renovations of the Wilcoxon Ice Complex and a dramatic transformation for Joe W. Davis Stadium into a multi-use complex for high school football, soccer, lacrosse and other events.
Other new hotels announced for Huntsville/Madison County
Arts & Culture
Scavenger Hunts & Trails
- New and Coming Soon
- Pet Friendly