Monte Sano, Spanish for “mountain of health,” rises more than 1,600 feet above sea level. Atop Monte Sano Mountain, the park's 340 acres feature 14 rustic cottages, picnic areas, Japanese Garden, hiking trails, planetarium, outdoor amphitheater, country store, primitive camping area with 20 sites and RV campground with 89 sites. Monte Sano Lodge can be booked for meetings and special events. Monte Sano State Park also offers cabins and pavilion rentals, a campground and country store, and weddings and events venues. It is a 5.96 mile drive from the Von Braun Center and downtown Huntsville.
For Reservations and Information Call:
- Cabins & Pavilion Rentals: 256-534-3757
- Campground & Country Store: 256-534-6589
- Weddings and Events: 256-539-7174, Fax: 256-532-0390
- Amenities: 89 RV hook-ups - 19 complete; 68 water & electricity. Dump station available. 20 Primitive Camp Sites - Two bath houses. 14 air-conditioned cabins - 11 with fireplaces. Equipped with linens and kitchen utensils. The Monte Sano Lodge, picnic pavilions and amphitheater available for rentals. Open year-round. Call for prices and reservations
- Cabins: 14
- Campsites: 20
- Pets Allowed:
- RV Sites: 89
- Tents Allowed:
Recreation & Park Amenities
- Park Amenities: Activity Type: Mountain Biking Nearby City: Huntsville Length: 7.5 total miles Elevation Gain: Minimal Trail Type: Loop Skill Level: Moderate - Difficult Season: Except for extremes in temperature and moisture, you should have no trouble riding this trail year-round.
- Parking: Large lot for main park, two additional lots for hiking trails
- Pavilions: 3
- Target Type: DISCatcher
- Description: Disc golf course is highly technical with mix of long and short wooded holes. Water in play on many holes during certain months. A bonus is the Mini Course (w/ Mini baskets) that begins alongside hole #7.
- Number of Holes: 18
- Alternate Legth: 4836
- Course Length: 5676
- Tee Type: Other
Hours of Operation
- Hours: Office Hours: Mon - Sun 8:00 AM - 4:30PM Park Hours: 8:00 AM - sundown. Trails close 30 minutes before sundown.
- Description The Monte Sano Lodge offers a serene mountain setting that is ideal for a variety of meetings and gatherings including weddings and family reunions and also is an excellent location for business meetings. This superb facility has modern internet connections and state of the art meeting rooms that will make any business meeting a success. Monte Sano Group Lodge is beautifully furnished and contains a large meeting room, small meeting room, break room, lobby or pre-function area, restrooms and a terrace.
- Banquet Capacity: 90
- Banquet Capacity: 30
Oak Banquet Hall
- Banquet Capacity: 112
- Banquet Capacity: 220