Downtown Huntsville Visitor Center Reopening June 19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 2, 2020
(Huntsville, AL) – Following closure due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) has slated the Downtown Huntsville Visitor Center for an official reopening on Friday, June 19.
New health and sanitization protocols will be implemented for visitors and staff. Highlights of the new protocols include:
- All Visitor Center staff will wear protective face masks.
- Curbside service – visitors may call the Visitor Center to request brochures be brought out to their vehicle.
- Entry/exit – guests will enter only through the front doors facing Church Street, and exit through the Cleveland Street side doors.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be installed near entrances, elevators, bathrooms, and other areas throughout the facility.
- All "touch" surfaces will be cleaned thoroughly each morning with disinfectant wipes (counters, light switches, door handles, bathroom counters, handrails, etc.).
- The front counter will be wiped after each customer service interaction and every hour throughout the day.
- Benches/furniture will be removed or spaced appropriately to allow for at least six feet of distance between seating locations.
- Signs and floor markers will be located throughout the facility to mark social distancing of at least six feet.
- Disinfecting wipes will be made available for visitors.
- The #RocketCitySelfie station and digital guest sign-in kiosk will be removed until further notice.
The CVB hopes that the increased safety measures will inspire confidence in visitors, quickening the recovery process for the local travel and hospitality industry. “We’re looking forward to the return to travel, but we also understand that reopening needs to be done cautiously and with strict adherence to the health guidelines recommended by the CDC and our public health officials,” said Judy Ryals, President/CEO of the CVB. “The more our visitors see us doing our part to keep them safe, the more comfortable they’ll feel in slowly getting out to local restaurants, hotels, museums, and other venues. Reopening our local travel economy will be a process, and it starts with us.”
The downtown Visitor Center will open with new hours of operation starting June 19, opening from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and noon – 3 p.m. on Sundays. The visitor kiosk at the Huntsville International Airport will remain closed until further notice.
More information on reopening announcements and travel-related health protocols from Huntsville tourism partners can be found on the CVB’s digital reopening guide and COVID-19 resource page.
For more information, contact Kristen Pepper, Director of Marketing for the CVB at 256.551.2294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.