Summertime in the Rocket City is a magical, special time full of tasty food, outdoor adventures, stellar sights, and fun all the way around. Here are some of our favorite events taking place in Huntsville to make your summer amazing. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage people to social distance and be safe while exploring!
- Hike with the entire Family: Find the best trails and areas to go with your entire family.
- Enjoy Scavenger Hunts and Digital Tours: Put the "hunt" in Huntsville with the our tours and scavenger hunts.
- Concert at Three Caves: Land Trust's Three Caves; August 8
- Farmers Markets; Monday - Sundays until August 30th
- Float the Flint River; Kayak or Paddle down the Flint River.
- Cool off with Splashpads or Public Pools ; All across Huntsville all days of the week
- Hike Waterfalls in Madison County: See 5 different waterfalls on Land Trust properties
- Mountain Bike on Monte Sano: Find the best mountain biking trails in Huntsville
- Discover Huntsville on a Bike: Get around Downtown Huntsville on a bike
- Explore Hays Nature Preserve: A natural playground, creeks, and accessible for all.
- Purdy Butterfly House; Huntsville Botanical Garden; daily until September 30
- Golden Hour at the Huntsville Botanical Garden: Wednesday Evenings
- Firefly Night Hike; Huntsville Botanical Garden- June 23 & 30 and July 7, 14, 21, and 28 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Whimsical Woods Flip Flopped; Burritt on the Mountain
- Cocktails at The View; Burritt on the Mountain; Wednesday Nights
- Family History Mornings; Alabama Constitution Hall Park on Saturdays
- Drive Thru Saturday Artist Market; Lowe Mill- Saturdays from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Current Exhibits at the Huntsville Museum of Art
- $5 After 5; Huntsville Museum of Art; Every Thursday
- Enjoy the US Space and Rocket Center: Open Monday - Sunday
- 4th of July Fireworks; Rocket City Trash Pandas' Toyota Field
- Hear Sunday Morning Jazz at Stovehouse :Every Sunday listen to Josh Couts and his revolving cast of jazz cats for free.
- Concerts in the Park; Virtually each Monday Night
- Friday Night Art Walk; Downtown; 2nd Friday of the month from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Dueling Pianos; A.M. Booth’s Lumberyard; weekly on Wednesday; 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Battle of the Food Truck All-Stars; Throughout Downtown Huntsville on the 3rd Friday of the month, from 5:00 to 9:00
- Bikes & Brews; Downtown; 1st Friday of the month starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Stand Up Comedy; Stand Up Live; Catch a comic or mystery Thursday - Sunday
- Enjoy Improv: Shenanigans Comedy Theatre Friday and Saturday Nights
- Discover Huntsville Public Art: Find all of the murals in Downtown Huntsville
- Enjoy the Culinary Arts in Huntsville's Rooftop Bars: Eat and drink in a socially distanced outdoor area
Don't forget to check out our Calendar of Events for more to do this summer!